The Central Texas Angel Network (CTAN) is the largest Angel Investing Network in the great state of Texas, and the #1 most active single-chapter group in the nation.
CTAN’s mission is two-fold:
- Provide quality early-stage investment opportunities for accredited Angel Investors
- Assist entrepreneurs and early-stage growth companies by serving as a key source of funding, mentorship, strategic advice, and educational resources.
- Over 160 Angel Investors from almost every industry background and functional expertise
- Investments in more than 130 startup companies since its founding in 2006
- Over $14.6 million invested in 33 companies (new and follow-on) in 2014 alone
- Five Funding Cycles per year, where startup companies are formally screened and evaluated by members
CTAN was founded in 2006 by Jamie Rhodes who, along with a group of local investors and community leaders, believed that early-stage investing could provide a meaningful return for investors while also spurring local economic growth. CTAN was formed as a not-for-profit corporation and individual Members of the organization volunteered their time and expertise to review potential investments, assist entrepreneurs and take care of administrative duties.
Central Texas benefits from having an organized group of angels that aid local entrepreneurs in need of capital and/or expertise to build their businesses. In an era when venture capital groups are reluctant to fund early-stage start-ups, angels are a necessary funding option that keeps the start-up environment thriving. In Central Texas, there is a large pool of high-net-worth individuals with business experience who are looking for investment opportunities and who enjoy being involved with entrepreneurial ventures. CTAN provides a forum for such individuals to cooperatively source and vet deal flow.
At this time, CTAN is an independent non-profit membership organization. CTAN has a full time Executive Director and full time Due Diligence Associate, and a fully engaged Board of Directors whose time, effort and involvement allow CTAN to fulfill its mission for investors and entrepreneurs.