Central Texas Angel Network (CTAN) is the largest angel investing group in Texas, and the #1 most active single-chapter group in the nation (2016 & 2015).
CTAN’s mission is two-fold:
- Provide quality early-stage investment opportunities for accredited angel investors
- Assist entrepreneurs and early-stage growth companies by serving as a key source of funding, mentorship, strategic advice, and educational resources.
- 185 angel investors with diversity in countless sectors and significant functional expertise
- Investments of $90M in 150+ startup companies since CTAN’s founding in 2006
- $14.2M invested in 43 companies (new and follow-on) in 2016 alone
- Five funding cycles per year, in which startups are formally screened and evaluated by investor members
CTAN was founded in 2006 by local investors and community leaders, who believed that early-stage investing could provide a meaningful return for investors while also spurring local economic growth. Individual members of the organization volunteered their time and expertise to review potential investments and assist entrepreneurs.
Central Texas benefits from having an organized group of angels that aid local entrepreneurs in need of capital and/or expertise to build their businesses. Angel investors are a necessary funding option that keeps the startup environment thriving. In Central Texas, there is a large pool of high-net-worth individuals, family offices, and investment funds with business experience who are looking for investment opportunities and who enjoy being involved with entrepreneurial ventures. CTAN provides a structured forum for such individuals to cooperatively source and vet deal flow.
CTAN is an independent nonprofit member-based organization. CTAN has a full-time Executive Director, a full-time Investment Manager, and a fully engaged volunteer Board of Directors and leadership committees whose time, effort, and involvement allow CTAN to fulfill its mission for investors and entrepreneurs.