Central Texas Angel Network (CTAN) is the largest angel investing network in Texas, and the #1 most active single-chapter group in the nation (for 2015).
CTAN’s mission is two-fold:
- Provide quality early-stage investment opportunities for accredited angel investors
- Assist entrepreneurs and early-stage growth companies by serving as a key source of funding, mentorship, strategic advice, and educational resources.
- More than 165 angel investors with diversity in countless sectors and significant functional expertise
- Investments of $75M in more than 135 startup companies since CTAN’s founding in 2006
- Over $13M invested in 43 companies (new and follow-on) in 2015 alone
- Five funding cycles per year, in which startups are formally screened and evaluated by members
CTAN was founded in 2006 by Jamie Rhodes who, along with a group of local investors and community leaders, believed that early-stage investing could provide a meaningful return for investors while also spurring local economic growth. Individual members of the organization volunteered their time and expertise to review potential investments and assist entrepreneurs.
Central Texas benefits from having an organized group of angels that aid local entrepreneurs in need of capital and/or expertise to build their businesses. Angel investors are a necessary funding option that keeps the startup environment thriving. In Central Texas, there is a large pool of high-net-worth individuals, family offices, and investment funds with business experience who are looking for investment opportunities and who enjoy being involved with entrepreneurial ventures. CTAN provides a structured forum for such individuals to cooperatively source and vet deal flow.
CTAN is an independent nonprofit membership organization. CTAN has a full-time Executive Director, a full-time Due Diligence Associate, and a fully engaged volunteer Board of Directors and leadership committees whose time, effort, and involvement allow CTAN to fulfill its mission for investors and entrepreneurs.