Before you Apply…
Please review the Funding Cycle Process to get a general idea of how the process is conducted.
In general, CTAN portfolio companies will likely fall within the following criteria:
- The product or service is unique and potentially disruptive to the market
- The product or service is scalable
- The product or service is defensible
- It is our strong preference to invest in Austin or Texas based companies, but not a requirement.
- Total fund raise not over $2 million. *Please see below for exemptions.
- Generally pre-money valuation no greater than $10M.
- Completed or near-completed product and/or service offering.
*If the company is seeking more than $1.5 million to $2 million, CTAN will attempt to syndicate the deal with other Alliance of Texas Angel Network (ATAN) groups. This includes groups in San Angelow, Ft. Worth, Dallas, Waco, Houston, and College Station, among others. Syndication means that the various networks may invest together for a larger capital raise if the company parameters meet multiple network requirements.
Additional questions, please contact us.