Two examples of good pitches & pitch decks
10 Blog Posts Every Entrepreneur Should Read
A big thank you to Gordon Daugherty from Shockwave Innovations for providing these resources!
1. Your Elevator Pitch Only Needs to Accomplish One Thing
2. How Much Should You Raise?
3. Convertible Note Basics
4. An Unfair Advantage All Startups Have Against Big Companies
5. Boosting Valuation Before You Have Revenue Traction
6. Optimize Free Trial Conversions via Nurturing
7. Justifying the Cap Amount in Your Convertible Note
8. 5 Golden Rules for Setting Sales Compensation Plans
9. Get the Strategic Alliance Partner to Come After You
10. Pitch Deck Flow (Topic Order)
Venture Deals by Brad Feld and Jason Mendelson
If you want to enter the deal room like a pro, then this book is for you. Written by VCs, it explains the ins and outs of the investment process, and what you as an entrepreneur should look for. It goes over all the important terminology, like “preferred,” “participating preferred,” “liquidation events,” etc. This is one of the best books you’ll find on venture financing.
Buy it here on Amazon.
If you want your pitch to be truly effective, please read this article from Inc.com: “3 Reasons to Master the Art of Storytelling.”
Capital Factory – www.capitalfactory.com
Techstars – www.techstars.com
Dreamit Ventures – www.dreamitventures.com
Tech Ranch – www.techranchaustin.com
Incubation Station – www.theincubationstation.com
Austin Technology Incubator
The Austin Technology Incubator harnesses business, government and academic resources to provide strategic counsel, operational guidance, and infrastructure support to its member companies to help them transition into successful, high growth technology businesses.
Austin Chamber of Commerce – Small Business Development
The Austin Chamber helps build a strong community by connecting its members to people, business, and issues important to business success. Through Chamber programming, you and your business are engaged in activities that move us toward a successful future.
Seminars and education programs on business startup issues
Sample business plans online
The Central Texas Business Resource Center
– Assistance to potential and existing small business owners
– Startup planning
– Business plan development guides
– Strategic planning
– Marketing planning
– Business planning
Small Business Administration
– Workshops on business formation
Small Business Development Program
Sponsored by the city of Austin, provides counseling and assistance to small business
Texas State Small Business Development
– Management and technical assistance through counseling at no charge
– Counseling services and business training courses