CTAN is dedicated to providing quality early-stage investment opportunities for accredited Central Texas Angel investors and to assisting entrepreneurs and early-stage growth companies by serving as a key source of funding, information, networking, mentorship, and educational resources.
- Take an active role in the organization by helping to identify, screen, and assist early-stage companies seeking investment capital
- Devote time to participation in the organization and familiarization with other members
- Attend several of the investment and screening meetings, and lend your experience and informed opinions to the discussions surrounding potential investments
- Contribute to the operation of the network, including actively participating or leading in due diligence, identifying investment opportunities, or serving on the Board of Directors or Advisory Boards of portfolio companies
- Intend to invest at least $25K each year into CTAN companies
- Abide by the CTAN Rules of Membership and Conduct (detailed on Membership Application)
- Access to quality investment opportunities
- Opportunity to co-invest with highly-qualified angel investors
- Networking with other accredited investors
- Education and member social events throughout the year
- Co-investment opportunities from similar angel investment through CTAN’s membership in the Alliance of Texas Angel Networks (ATAN)
CTAN strives to nurture close relationships with other local entrepreneur organizations and to be an active participant in the Austin and Texas entrepreneur ecosystem. To this end, CTAN maintains relationships with business schools from regional universities, local incubators, entrepreneur organizations, trade organizations for area industries, and early-stage investment professionals. In addition, CTAN is part of the Alliance of Texas Angel Networks (ATAN), a statewide cooperative of angel networks and works closely with other Texas networks for deal syndication and the sharing of due diligence efforts. CTAN is also a member of the nationwide Angel Capital Association (ACA) and shares organizational and network management ideas with like-minded groups from all over the country.
If you have any questions about membership, please contact our Executive Director, Claire England – claire [at] centraltexasangelnetwork.com
Next: Angel Profile